Thursday, May 24, 2012

Review and NOTD Before & After: OPI Just Spotted The Lizard (or, obvious manicure is obvious)

Hello!

Today I have an obvious manicure for you. But then it gets very, very counter-intuitive.

The only polish I really like from OPI's The Amazing Spider-man collection is Just Spotted The Lizard. The other ones just don't do it for me, although I may end up getting the shatter at some point...Anyway, turns out, this is a dupe for Chanel's Peridot, which is even more exciting for me, because I love that color, but can't bring myself to pay that price. Thank heavens for reasonably priced dupes! :)

So here is the color as I wore it on its own:  

Seriously. How gorgeous is that? Green-gold-yellow-orange duochrome magic...

The formula on this applied like a dream. No complaints here! :)

As for stamping...I tried to resist. I did. I really, really did.

Okay, I didn't.

What else are you going to put on your first manicure with a polish called 'Just Spotted The Lizard'? Well, duh, some version of a lizard. And maybe some lizard-skin-like pattern, too. Sure, it's obvious. But who could resist?! If you'd have been there, if you'd have seen it, I betcha you would have done the same! (Sorry, I really love that musical. But I'll try to control myself. See how happy this polish makes me?!)

So here it is stamped:

I used China Glaze's Agro to stamp with, Cheeky large image plate D for the lizard skin, and Shany plate SH-13 for the little lizards. I love how well the gorgeous multichrome colors come out even with all of the stamping. I bet it would work well even with mostly full coverage stamps...I'll have to try it.

And then after wearing this for a day, well...Yeah. Sometimes I can't leave well enough alone, and I got it into my head that when it came time to remove this, I wanted to try China Glaze's Jade-d glitter crackle over it. Probably because I just got it and needed an excuse to try it:


...And now the whole mani looks like real lizard skin that's been sitting out in the sun for too long. Yes, this is how you ruin both a beautiful polish and a beautiful glitter crackle all at the same time with an inappropriate pairing! The glitter hid the color of the polish, and the color of the glitter somehow washed completely out on top of that polish. Ah well, how do you know if you never try?

Thanks for stopping by,

M.

(the products in this review were purchased with my own money.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day--leave me a comment!