Monday, March 4, 2013

Before & After: Winter Ombre Gradient

Hello!!

Today I'm catching up on my Let It Snow! Challenge--the week I'm on is winter ombre/gradient. I decided to go for the gold and try to do both--an ombre gradient!

I chose the following colors, all by China Glaze, from lightest to darkest: Dandy Lyin' Around, Fade Into Hue, Fancy Pants, Tempest, Stone Cold. Here's how it looked before I decorated it:

Ombre + Gradient

Ombrient?


It came out mostly okay--the colors on the ring finger meld together too much, but apart from that I like it. But you know me...gotta have some decoration on it, in this case something to highlight the 'winter' part of the challenge...so I stamped the slow flurries from Bunny Nails plate HD05, using Barry M Silver Foil:



Sigh...the differences in the gradient are more pronounced in real life, and I love looking down at them. Also I didn't get a chance to stamp them before I spend a day unpacking boxes, so there is a bit of tipwear, but it also doesn't show up as much in real life. Ah well...

Thanks for looking, and please check out what the other participants did, linked below! :)

Xoxox,
M.

9 comments:

  1. The snow flurries are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those plates. Lots of really cute stuff on them. :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE that ombre and gradient. Super creative and still looks totally put together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. An ombre and a gradient! I love this. The blues you chose are perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's nice to hear, because I'm totally second guessing some of them, lol. :)

      Delete
  4. How on earth did I miss this post?!
    It's fantastic.
    It got blue, stars..
    To be honest. This looks like a "dream-mani"

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!