Tuesday, August 20, 2013

NOTD: Parisian Flourish

Hello!

Today I'm continuing my challenge catch-up with a manicure for my Nail Challenge Collaborative; this is my second 'around the world' manicure, and today we're going to Paris!

For my color scheme, I pulled from the French flag:



I started with a base of China Glaze Hanging In The Balance, and China Glaze Red Satin. Then, I stamped my design using Konad White, to honor the final color in the flag. I used images from Cheeky Jumbo plate 3:







What do you think? I'm on a kick lately where I love putting designs randomly on different nails, I feel like it makes the images so incredibly versatile in terms of the looks you can get. Because the blue has less visual weight than the 'heavy' red, I balanced this by putting more of the flourish design over those nails, covering the index finger completely. I love the contrast and I love the overall feel, which just has a fancy French sort of vibe to me. :)

Thanks for stopping by! Hugs and beautiful sidewalk cafes,
M.

12 comments:

  1. I like the color blue and stamping is beautiful (;

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! The stamping is flawless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!! I have hanging in the balance and I need to use it! It is such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, but be careful--make sure you wear basecoat (maybe even two coats) and remove carefully (try putting cuticle oil on before you remove). It stains like a beast!

      Delete
  4. Such a great idea for stamping, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't normally comment, but WOW! This time I absolutely had to! I've watched you improve so much in the last year of following your blog and youtube channel and this is the result: an amazingly flawless manicure I'm completely jealous of. Can you hear the applause? =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You've totally made my week. :) Now I'm thinking I should post this to my nail groups if you think it's that good. :) Thanks again!!!! :) <3

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!