Thursday, June 7, 2012

NOTD: Relaxing day at the beach :)

Hello there!

The manicure I'm wearing today is a project that was inspired by a nail art contest; the theme of the contest is 'Fun In The Sun'. My idea of a fun day in the sun is a relaxing day by the ocean, watching for sea life, looking for shells, or just lying on the beach. So, here is what I put together as my entry:



To make it, I used the following. For the sky, I used LA Colors Radiation (from my recent haul!). For the ocean, Orly's Halley's Comet (it sparkles blue and green although you can't see it in the picture), and for the sand I used China Glaze's Fast Track. To stamp the dolphins I used China Glaze's Concrete Catwalk and Mash plate 35; for the ocean waves I used Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in White On and Mash plate 49. For the sun I used Sally Hansen Insta-dry's Lightning and Sinful Colors' Serena And Chloe, with Bundle Monster plate BM01. Finally, for the seashell I used White On again and Shany plate SH04.

If anyone would like a tutorial or a fauxtorial on this, let me know; it wasn't too hard, just a question of layering the polishes correctly. There were two tricky bits; one was making the sun two different colors (just carefully place a dot of orange in the center, yellow around it, and scrape in the direction that will show least) and the other was muting the white waves so they weren't too stark (I swept a layer of sheer blue over them).

Looking at this makes me want to go to the beach, so I guess I did okay with it. :)

Thanks for looking,

M.



9 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING!! I love that it all fits together well without looking overdone, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That's an incredible compliment. :) *blushes*

      Delete
  2. I love it and want to go to a warm sunny beach too (not the North Sea here in Holland ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to come here to sunny California. We have nice warm beaches, but our water is COLD!! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm in love with that! I love dolphins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Dolphins are so cool...I want to do that thing where you get to swim with them someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's beyond awesome looking! It looks like it would be so difficult! You have a great talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you're so sweet! Honestly, it's not that hard. It did take a while though, lots of layers! :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!