Thursday, April 11, 2013

Before & After: Ancient Greece

Hello hello hello!

I am super crazy excited because I just got awesome nail mail from Brazil--my awesome friend Janaina and I did a swap, and I got some incredible new beauties. But that's another post that I'll get up as soon as I can!

Today is the next installment of my Llama Nails Time Periods challenge, and this week we're on Ancient Greece. Since I'm still on my hologlam kick, I started with Sci-Fly By as my base. I'm not sure why, but this shade of blue makes me think of Ancient Greece, or at least some of the fabrics I want to believe inhabit that time, lol:


China Glaze Sci-Fly By
China Glaze Sci-Fly By...(holo rainbows make me happy...)

Next I thought I'd add a Greek-esque border to the tips of the nails, and then sprigs of leaves to represent laurel leaves (like they'd make the crowns out of). I used Konad White and Cheeky jumbo plate B for the trim (which I couldn't seem to get to go on evenly on all the nails for some reason...no matter what I did, one kept being all janky...sigh...), and then I stamped the wanna-be laurel leaves with Strap On Your Moonboots and Konad plate m76, overlapping with the tips:






This is one of those manicures that looked better on than in pictures, lol. But I do like how it came out for the most part. :)

Thanks for reading, and take a further trip back in time by visiting the manicure linked below!

Hugs and loves,
M.

5 comments:

Make my day--leave me a comment!