Thursday, April 4, 2013

Review: Ruby White Tips Polish part 2

Hello!!

Are you ready for the second half of my Ruby White Tips Polish review? If you missed part one, you can get to it by clicking here. And at the request of the FTC, I will again mention that I paid for these with my own money, but did receive a blogger's discount. :)

I'm gonna jump right into da polishez and then talk about them generally at the end...here we go...

First up, The Sword, from her Kill Bill collection! This is a very soft silver-purple-green duochrome with a generous dose of holographic microglitter. At first sight, it looks like this might be a dupe of Wet n Wild's Gray's Anatomy or Revlon's Smoldering with glitter added, but the duochrome colors are different and more intense (but hard to capture on film--they show up more in real life):


Ruby White Tips The Sword in indirect outdoor light

Blurred to show the holo glitter :)





I love the soft color with the awesome sparkle of this. I think it would also look good layered over other colors, and I can't wait to try that. This is two coats with topcoat; excellent formula.


Next I have Exploding Heart, also from the Kill Bill collection, which is a glitter topper made of teeny sparkly red glitters. First I have one coat of it over China Glaze Peachy Keen, with no topcoat:

Ruby White Tips Exploding Heart in direct sun




And then, two coats, with topcoat: 

Ruby White Tips Exploding Heart in direct sun





This isn't the type of polish I normally buy, because I like glitters that have a bit more diversity of texture in them. But this looked so pretty in the bottle, and I wasn't disappointed when I got it on the nail. It has good, even coverage and just the right amount of sparkle. I love it over this peach, and I can see it being very versatile.


Next is Poppy...ah, Poppy. The color on this changes with the light; in some lights it's a coral sort of color, and in others it's more of a deep mauve-y pruple. It has a ton of teeny holographic glitter in ti that looks pretty in and out of the sunlight, always a plus for me. The most important thing about this polish, in my opinion, is that it is one of several polishes she has made to benefit Batworld.org, a sanctuary for 'wayward' (I love that, lol) bats. You know I have a soft spot in my heart for animals, and I've always thought that bats are extremely cute and get a bad bat rap when really they are not scary at all and actually eat all of the yucky insects that you don't want around anyway! But regardless of the positive social purpose of this polish, this is absolutely, without question, my favorite of all the ones I purchased:

Ruby White Tips Poppy in indirect light

Ruby White Tips Poppy in direct sunlight


Blurred for your holographic viewing pleasure



This is two coats with one coat of topcoat (it is a little topcoat hungry so you might want to go with two coats of topcoat). The formula went on like butter, and wore really well. Polish usually doesn't last on my nails for more than 24 hours, but I wore this for almost three full days iirc. :)


And to finish up the bunch, we have BB Kiddo, also from the Kill Bill collection.

[Scene: Blue fleck-finish polish accidentally crashes into purple fleck-finish polish.]
Blue polish: "Hey! You got your purple fleck-finish all into my blue fleck-finish!"
Purple polish: "No, YOU got YOUR blue fleck-finish polish into my purple fleck-finish!"
In unison: "Wait a minute! Together we look great!!"

I enjoy believing that that's how this polish was created--an accidental collision of duochrome-fleck goodness.

Sadly, there was a slight snafu with the delivery of this polish, and by the time I was able to swatch it, I had fallen victim to the Great Nail Break of early 2013--so I only have nubbins for this swatch. Which is a shame, because it deserves long, full nails! This is a gorgeous purple-blue duochrome fleck polish, but that doesn't really say enough. It goes through different shades of purple and different shades of blue, and almost has greeny bits at times. Here it is layered over a black base:

Ruby White Tips BB Kiddo




Just look at all those shiny, pretty, blingy flecks!! This is two coats, with topcoat. The formula was excellent, and I had no trouble getting it to the edges of the black (I hate toppers that don't cover evenly so they *look* like they've just been splotched over black). This is another stunner, in my opinion.

Overall, I'm incredibly impressed by these polishes. I love the variety of finishes, and I love that the formula on all of them was very good--and that I could get excellent coverage in two coats. I will definitely buy from Laura again, without a doubt. Plus, she had amazing customer service--when there was a slight mix-up with BB Kiddo, she made sure everything was fixed asap, and even sent me a surprise to make up for the delay. She was a joy to deal with, and her polishes are awesome!

You can find Ruby White Tips polishes by clicking here. You can find her website here. Her polishes are three-free and cruelty free, and sell for between $8.25 and $8.75; for any polishes you buy from her Bat World collection, 50% of these sales go to Batworld.org, and help to rescue bats that would otherwise lose their lives. Take a look at their cute little faces, and you'll want to save them, too! Thanks, Laura, for looking out for these wonderful creatures. :)

And thanks to you all for reading! Big hugs,
M.

(The polishes in this post were purchased with my own money, at a blogger's discount. This review is my 100% honest opinion.)

4 comments:

  1. the first one is my favourite! its so heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of these type of glittering nail polishes but they are often hard to remove. Do you use acetone to get the polish off and is it stubborn to remove?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except for Exploding Heart, these weren't hard to get off at all, just like regular nail polish. But for polishes like Exploding Heart, I use the aluminum foil method for removing glitter. Put a cotton pad soaked in polish or acetone on your nail, wrap it in a strip of aluminum foil, and leave it for about 2-3 minutes, then pull it off, twisting as you go. The polish will usually come completely off with no fuss. Remember to moisturize your cuticles afterward, though!

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!