Thursday, April 25, 2013

Before & After: Where inspiration goes to die

Hello!!

Well, it's the last day of this month's 4 Tri-Polish challenge manicures...and both my brain and my camera decided to reject the pink, orange and turquoise combo this time. I thought about just not posting this, but I've always said that I will show you my failures as well as my successes, lol...So that's what I'll do.

I started out with a base of Zoya Zuza, which I've shown you before but will show you again so you get at least one thing good from this post, lol:

Zoya Zuza
Oh, yeah, baby, a beautiful turquoise, and not only that, it was back when my nails were long and strong!!

I wanted to do a sort of striped color rainbow with glitter on top of it. So I painted a white stripe down each nail, and then put my pink (Julep Avery) and my orange (LeChat Kiss-N-Tell) each over half of the white stripe. I did get a cool effect; where the pink overlapped with the blue, it created a pretty purple, and it looked...bright...but pretty, actually. However, it freaked my camera out, and I couldn't get a good picture. Then I added my glitter topper, and it made it even worse:




This is the best picture I could get after trying every setting on my white balance, and finally doing a manual adjust on the white balance using a Starbucks cup lid as my white base (and trying it in different lighting conditions). You should be seeing orange, then pink, then a small stripe of purple, then turquoise, but it's hard to differentiate the orange and pink.


I wasn't sure what to do, so then I decided to pull out a trick I use a lot when I have something horrible to cover up and not much time--yes, that's right: I pulled out my crackle. Oh, I know crackle haters gonna hate, but I must admit I still like my crackles, yes I do. And in a case like this, they can cure a multitude of ills. I put a heavy coat on my index and middle fingers to get the crackle effect, and put a think coat on ring and pinkie to get a solid effect:



You can see here that the rainbow effect was actually fairly pretty. :)


At least now you can see the different colors under the crackle, lol--apparently the silver polish gave the camera something to focus on so that it could get the other colors.

At the end of the day, I think it would make a lovely gift-wrap, and I don't actually mind it too much as a manicure. But it's not something I'm ever going to do on purpose again, hee hee.

To make up for this FAIL, I'll have another post for you at noon today, which will direct you to a guest post I did on another blog...So come back and check that out. :)

Thanks for taking a look, and please check out the other manicures linked below!

Big hugs,
M.

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love reading your posts. Lol. So funny. Where manicures go to die. Still laughing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee! I'm glad! Sometimes I wonder if people bother to read them or just look at the pictures. Although if people just want to look at the pictures, that's fine too, but it's nice to know at least one or two are reading, lol. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you...If this wasn't a jam-packed week, I'd have done it again. Next month I shall be better!!!

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!