Monday, April 8, 2013

Before & After: Splat!!

Hello!

It's that time again--time for my next Cheeky twin-post with Dina of Secretary's Nail Art!

This week we're on plate 46, and we agree on the cosmic-type splat image. :)

I've been loving my China Glaze hologlams, so I couldn't resist using one as a base for this; I wanted a cosmic look, so I chose Take A Trek, a slate-blue holo:


China Glaze Take A Trek indoor light

Next I stamped the image with Sally Hansen Blue-Away, and then isolated the biggest splat by painting over it with Color Club Endless Summer over it:




Very whimsical and very cosmicy/out-of-this-world-ish. I think that's what this set of plates does best--whimsey. There are a ton of cute, fun looks here for whenever you're in that sort of mood, and I keep coming back to that place when I do these twin-posts. :) Don't forget to check out what Dina did by clicking here...:)

Thanks so much for looking! I hope you had a wonderful weekend, and are heading into a great week. Big hugs,

M.

8 comments:

  1. Wow this is gorgeous! Love the different shades of blue, sooo pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very pretty. I really like the holo as base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to be so scared to do anything to a holo because I thought it would kill the effect. I was so excited to find if you go a light topper or pattern, you can still see the beauty. :)

      Delete
  3. This is a very cute mani...I love it! I love the color combo you used. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! I giggled a bit when I read the title. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!