Friday, April 12, 2013

Before & After: Firedragonflies

Hello!!

You may recall that this month in my Nail Challenge Collaborative our theme is 'pastels'. So today I have for you my second pastel manicure out of the series of four. :)

Today I decided to start with China Glaze Sea Spray. I know I'm far behind the times with this one, but I just picked it up on clearance at the last Sally red-tag sale. I'm sure you've seen it a million times so I don't have to tell you it's a sort of blue-grey-dovecote color with a subtle shimmer that gives it class and doesn't photograph well, lol:

China Glaze Sea Spray

China Glaze Sea Spray

It looked a bit like a pretty spring sky to me, so I though it would be nice to put something on it that looked like it was flying against the sky. At first I thought I'd do balloons, but as I was looking through my images, I saw one that was perfect on my LeaLac LLC-A plate--an image that is a cross between little fireflies and little dragonfly-type thingies. I stamped it in silver (with Barry M Silver Foil) and filled in the wings with dots of Color Club Cosmic Fate and Fashion Addict, two holographic colors, because I thought that would give a cool, ethereal like look to the wings. It did, but boy did it make the manicure hard to photograph--between the shimmer of the polish, the shine of the silver and the holo of the holo, my camera freaked out a bit. Here are the best pictures I could manage; the silver looked a lot more flat and pretty in real life:





Also, I'm going to just go ahead and pretend that I put the dog hair on my ring finger as a political statement. To...um...um...raise awareness of the plight of...um...dogs? Yeah. That's why I did it. It wasn't an accident that I didn't see until after I took the pictures or anything. Not at all. ::shakes head::

Thanks for taking a look, and please check out the other pastel beauties linked below!

Hugs,
M.

8 comments:

  1. Omg the stamping you did completely changed the mani! So gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! So soft and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color and your stamping is fantastic. Haha, I have three cats so I feel like there is always cat hair in my polish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fun, right? It's like that old Garfield joke about always having a hair in his food...lol!

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!