Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Before & After: Zoya Vespa

Hello!!

I'm behind (again!) on one of my challenges, this time on my pastel manicures in my Nail Challenge Collaborative. This is actually my third pastel mani I'm posting, but I'm linking it with the 4th week's manicures because everyone else is on that one. I'll post #3 later in the week, thereby bending time and space in a maneuver that would impress Dr. Who. What can I say, it's bigger on the inside. ::shrugs::

For my base, I started with the lovely Zoya Vespa. This is a pretty, light sage textured polish with the signature pixie dust glitter in it. I love the pixie dust polishes so much, I bought three of them despite learning the turn-any-polish-into-a-textured-polish trick. But the glitter on these is so sublime:


Zoya Vespa in direct sun

Zoya Vespa in indirect light

I mean come on, seriously, how can you argue with that? So soft and pretty. :)


Anyway...for my next step I stamped over the base with China Glaze Kalahari Kiss, and Pueen plate 19 (review of these is on the way):





I love it like that, and almost left it right there. But I wanted to see if topcoat would accentuate the stamping the way it normally does, even over textured polish...and it does:





I am completely in love with this effect, and with this image. This feels to me like it could have jumped off the screen of The Great Gatsby (have you seen the previews for that? I have to see it...). It's classy and jazzy and yet subtle--you could even wear this to work. Le Sigh...

Hope you like it as much as I do--thanks for taking a look! Don't forget to look at the other pastel masterpieces below. :)

Big hugs,
M.


17 comments:

  1. Really like this w/the stamp and topcoat. Wow! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel lame for commenting on so many mani photos but I love this one too! Well done Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel lame, I love comments!!! Thank you so much. :)

      Delete
  3. This looks so cool with the stamping. I haven't been successful with stamping over texture yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hmmm...I wonder why. Have you been using polishes that you know work on non-textured bases?

      Delete
  4. Great manicure! The texture and design is pretty :) I still haven't created my 4th manicure for the challenge but I'm going to do it soon so I can put it up before April ends, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The colors and texture make for a very sophisticated look. Loving it! I haven't tried stamping yet either but really wanna try Audrey after seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally! a good use for the CG Kalahari. I hate that color ( bought it online and kept it because i refuse to pay 15% restocking fee), but it looks gorgeous here!

    I was going to order the BM set just for the fishnet print on plate #25, but seeing your video I fell in love with many more designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Kalahari *all the time* for stamping, and for nail art. When white is too stark to stamp with, this usually does the trick. And thanks so much for the compliment on my video! I love making them, but they tend to be a little dorky sometimes, lol. :) That Bundle Monster set is one of my favorites, though. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!