Thursday, November 29, 2012

NOTD Before & After: Glitter Gal Evening Light

Hello!

As we leave fall and sneak on into the full-on Christmas season, I thought I'd do a manicure for you that has a slightly different color scheme than the ones I've been posting lately. Tomorrow's will be a big seasonal departure...but I'll leave that a mystery as to why. :)

For today's manicure I started with what might be one of the prettiest, girliest duochromes I've ever seen, and I love it like crazy. You know I don't care for pink, and this definitely has pink, but it has a rosey, glowy pink that shifts coral, and even a bit purple-y. It's Glitter Gal's Evening Light, and it reminds me of the sorts of sunsets you see in pictures of Maui. :) Take a look:


Glitter Gal Evening Light

Evening Light in direct sun

Even in the shade, it does look like it is it's own light source, and it has a very subtle shimmer, not in-your-face at all. It's very flattering on me, and I have a finicky skin tone, so I think it would be pretty on most people. :)

I wanted to do something a little different with the color-scheme of the stamping, so I used China Glaze's Tree Hugger, an avocado-moss sort of green. I stamped using Bundle Monster plate 314:


Soft green leafy vines. :)

Good shot to see the duochrome shift :)

Mmm...glowy...:)

This is one of those manicures I couldn't stop looking at, and that I didn't want to take off. I will definitely be recreating this one again. :)

Thanks for stopping by to take a look! Stay tuned for a summery manicure tomorrow...:)

Xoxox,
M.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I have Tree Hugger, I'll have to try using it to stamp during this holiday season!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! It would make a really cool holiday polish, I never thought of that. Gonna use that idea! :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!