Monday, November 12, 2012

You might be a polish addict if...

Have you found yourself wondering if you might be a little too attached to your nail polish? Do people look at you a little funny when you begin talking about your manicures, your favorite polishes, and how they're not dupes? Does your significant other try to hide your credit card every time a red tag sale is announced at Sally Beauty? If so, you may have a problem...Take a look at these statements and see if they apply to you:

1) You can polish your nails a different color every day for a year...and still not get through all of the polishes in your collection.

2) You refer to your nail polishes as a collection.

3) You see a manicure and can identify not only the name of the polish and the brand that makes it, you also know the following: what collection it came from, what season and year it came out, whether or not it is discontinued, and if it is discontinued, you either know where it can still be found or which other colors/brands are close enough to substitute for it.

4) You refer to a manicure as a 'mani'.

5) For you, the words 'no-buy' and 'untried' are nouns (rather than a verb and and adjective) and the word 'lemming' is a verb (rather than a noun).

6) You change your mani at least as often as you wash your hair.

7) You have a special bin/rack/drawer/location for your untrieds. And it never, ever, ever comes close to being empty.

8) You know exactly what both unicorn pee and unicorn puke look like.

9) Your itinerary for any trip to Brazil/Australia/England includes one or more stops specifically set aside for buying nail polish.

10) You often go around with two different manis on your left vs. right hands.

11) You don't have to worry about getting caught looking at Facebook at work, because you're always admiring your own mani instead.

12) You are so proud of yourself for making it a whole week into your month-long no-buy that you celebrate by buying yourself a bottle of nail polish.

13) You not only know what a franken is, you know how it differs from an indie.

If you identify with one or more of these statements, you may have a polish problem...

*doorbell ring*

*squeals* Nail mail is here, gotta go!!!

Xoxox,

M.


28 comments:

  1. This had me laughing so loud!!! Yes to all 13))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee hee!!! I'm glad I'm not alone...I scored 13, too...>.>

      Delete
    2. I have posted a link to this on a FB page where all the aussie nail ladies hang out))

      Delete
    3. That's so cool! Thanks so much! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! Too funny! Yes to all of them. And thank you for writing it so I can show the hubby I'm not the only one!! I have to link my next blog post to this...may I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahahaha I am dying these are ALL true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I think it's a good sign that I didn't say yes to all of them?
    Even so...I said yes to 2, 4, 5, 7, 9-ish (have yet to go on such a trip but that's what I would do...), 10, 13...
    Yeah I miiiiiiight have an addiction. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL! It's okay. The good news is, you are not alone. The bad news is, there's no cure...muah hah hahhhh!

      Delete
  5. I love this list! Number 12 is definitely me right now, I'm on a no-buy and it's KILLING me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I feel your pain...I think I'm going to have to do a no-buy in January...sigh...(and thank you!)

      Delete
  6. Hahaha this is amazing! I still remember the look on my friends face when I casually said to her "Love your manicure, My Private Jet right?". I've also made sure that I have an address in the US for at least 3 weeks so I can get polishes that don't ship outside the US! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, that's great, I wish I could have been there, lol. And yeah, I don't blame you, just sent some polishes, and it was not cheap to ship. :(

      Delete
    2. That's hilarious!!! Happens to me all the time too))) Someone will casually comment on what I am wearing and I'll go into a whole detailed explanation of what and why and how and the year and the collection blah-blah and people are like OMG! that girls is insane!

      Delete
    3. LOL! I do that and then see the look on their face and start trailing off...'Um, yeah, anyway, so, it's red!'

      Delete
    4. I just barely restrained myself from explaining all of the pros and cons of Poshe, Gelous, and Seche Vite the other day when my friend asked how I got the big glitter to be so smooth. I managed to give a normal person answer, "It's all about a good top coat." Boring answer!

      Delete
    5. You have my deep and never-ending admiration for your remarkable display of restraint! :)

      Delete
  7. Hahaha, awesome post! I got a 12 and a half (I don't know which years polishes are from or if they're discontinued, that part). Number 8 was the funniest, because anyone other than a polish addict would think we were on acid or something. What a lovely place, this nail polish world--glequins and flakies and glitter, oh my! Anyone else get a little excited when someone mentions chevron--until you realize they just went to a gas station?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL!!! That would make a great #14: You get excited when someone mentions chevron...until you realize they are talking about the gas station, lol!! And I agree completely...this lovely nail polish world is my happy place. :)

      Delete
  8. LOLLOLOL sadly i admit i have a problem. At least its not drugs right!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the exact same point I make!! There are WAAAY worse things! :)

      Delete
  9. This was so funny I had to show it to my boyfriend. We especially got a kick out of 12 bc I'm currently on a no buy and have made it two weeks without buying a polish. I almost bought some opi skyfall to celebrate lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, you're doing better than me. I've never even been able to convince myself to go on a no-buy...yet...>.>

      Delete
  10. LOL This is great! I'm guilty of most of these! I've totally been compiling a mental list of shops and polishes to hunt for if I ever get back "across the pond" to the UK. My aunt just made a trip to Europe, and I asked her to hunt for a Fantasy Fire for me--sent her pictures and everything!

    What fun! Thanks for sharing! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky enough a while back to have a friend visit the UK, and managed to get my hand on a few goodies including Fantasy Fire--totally worth it, lol! And you're very welcome, thanks for reading. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!