Wednesday, November 7, 2012

NOTD: 'I' is for Irene: Zoya Irene + Different Dimension Penny!!!

Hello!!

First, my apologies that my draft version of this posted first rather than the completed version. :(

Second, today's post is the 'I' in my Llama Nails weekly alphabet challenge.

Because of Zoya's holiday collection, Logan is getting a lot of attention, and rightfully so--it's a beautiful holiday green polish. But, it got me thinking about another Zoya green that I love, and that might be my favorite green, ever: Zoya Irene.

Irene is a pretty deep grass green with shimmers of lighter green and overtones of copper. Yes, I know that sounds fake--'overtones of copper'--but I'm not quite sure how to describe it. It's not quite a flash of copper, because the copper is always present, but subtle. It plays off the light and dark greens and creates a rich play of color that I can stare at for hours:

Zoya Irene in the shade

Zoya Irene in direct light

Zoya Irene in indirect light


Zoya slightly darker indirect light

One of the things I love best about this polish is that copper, so I decided to complement it with an accent nail of copper glitter. I used Different Dimension Penny!!! (INDIE ALERT!) on the accent nail; Penny!!! is a clear-based glitter with a ton of copper micro glitter and a moderate amount of copper hexes:




You can tell I love both these polishes just from the sheer number of pictures! Hope you like them too. :) Please check out the other 'I' manicures from my fellow Llamas!!

Xoxox,
M.

4 comments:

  1. That glitter looks surprisingly good on the green. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that polish just never used it before..might have to with all my new stamping stuff coming in..can you stamp with irlene ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a while since I've pulled it out, but my guess is no. I'll see if I can test it out sometime in the next few days. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!