Thursday, November 15, 2012

Before & After: Pumpkin Patch

Hello!!

Fall is really only just starting to kick in here in my part of California; we're having a very late, long warm season this year...Which means that I really am only now starting to feel the chill in the air, the falling leaves, and the pumpkin patches.

I did a similar manicure a while back, but I wanted to perfect it and when I got The Nail Junkie's Pumpkin (Indie Alert!!) a while back, I knew I had to try a new version with it. It a beautiful shade of pumpkin orange with green glitters that look like bits of stems and leaves in the polish. So, I started with that as my base:


The Nail Junkie Pumpkin in the shade

The Nail Junkie Pumpkin in direct light

Then I stamped on it using Red Angel plate RA-115, and Sally Hansen Jumpin' Jade polish to create a viney pumpkin patch look:


I can feel the crunch of the leaves beneath my feet...



...And now I want pumpkin pie. 

I'm not sure this is quite how I want it--I'm thinking maybe a brown polish for the leaves and vines might be better? Well, I can always try it again next year.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. :)

Xoxox,
M.



14 comments:

  1. Woohaa! this is so cool!
    I wanna do something like this as well! I just did my nails, but what the heck I WANT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I dont have a stamp like this, but I tried making something like it. Yours is way cooler, and I envy it, but mine is okay i guess... I'll post it tomorrow so you can see it.

      Delete
  2. I think it's perfect, really!
    And I need to look closer at my Red Angel plates. I can't remember having seen this design! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think why you might not remember it is that it isn't an all-over design, I just stamped it multiple times. :)

      Delete
  3. I don't normally comment on the blogs that I follow (ok, I'll be honest: I *do*, but only when it gets me more entries in a giveaway =P ), but I had to tell you what a wonderful job you did on this mani! The colors go wonderfully together and the stamp is just perfect to convey the idea of a pumpkin patch. Overall, great job! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is quite a compliment! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. :) :) :) <3

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!