Friday, November 23, 2012

Before & After: Orly's Buried Alive (quickie post!)


Hello!

I'm still trying to catch up with all my Thanksgiving obligations, and prep what I hope will be a cool review post for you. So today's post will be quick, and unfortunately my cuticles, etc. don't look the best. But I think this is a cool combination that came out of a disaster and wanted to share it with you. :)

Today I have a polish from Orly's Dark Shadows collection to show you: Buried Alive. This is a rich dark brown polish with coppery flecks throughout; it has a lot of depth and texture:

Orly Buried Alive, direct sun

Orly Buried Alive, in the shade
This is the sort of brown I like--warm and glowy and complex.

For some reason, I thought that a little bit of China Glaze's Golden Enchantment would add to the effect in a nice way. Yeah, it didn't. It just looked like a big glob of yuck. So I tried to do a full coat over the whole nail, and that didn't work, either. I was just about to take it off when I thought I'd try one of those save-me techniques...throw a coat of matte over it. So that's what I did:



Not half bad, actually! The matte turned the brown into an almost metallic sort of finish, and the glitter looked like silver and gold glass flecks in the polish.

Thanks for looking!

Xoxox,
M.


2 comments:

  1. I just bought Buried Alive a few days ago, and finished my mani a few minutes ago! This is one brown that doesn't look funky on me - I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a cool brown. I just realized I don't have very many browns in my collection. Didn't do that on purpose, but I guess I must be picky about them, lol!

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!