Friday, November 30, 2012

Before & After Twinpost: Flip Flop Fantasy

Hello!

I promised you a summery manicure today, and here it is! This week Dina and I are up to Cheeky plate 37, and we decided on the flip flop image from that plate.

I want to go on record as saying I was not a fan of this image from the start, lol! I'm not sure why, maybe it's because the full image has the word 'flip flop' in the middle, or maybe because in the whole image there isn't one pair of flip flops that aren't cut off one or the other in some way, and that drives my OCD crazy, lol. Whatever the reason, it just isn't my thing. But as Dina points out, that's what makes this a challenge, because it makes us do stuff we might not otherwise!

So here's what I decided to do with it. I started with a base of China Glaze Bare If You Dare, which is a really pretty coral-orange color with a golden shimmer:

China Glaze Bare If You Dare

I decided to do a layered look for the flip-flops, so I started with Sally Hansen Insta Dry Lightning, and then stamped over it again with Konad red, to make it look like there was a sole and a top-section. Then on the accent nail, I stamped little footsie prints in Lightning, with Shany plate 03...I figure, since the flip-flops are empty, the feet must have gone off on their own! (Note: I never said I wasn't crazy):

Flippety Floppety Feetsies
Overall I like it, I think it's cute; I just have to pretend I didn't mess up on the first finger as badly as I did. Ironically, it was actually the last finger I stamped. Grrrr...

So, there's a little flash of summer for you, and don't forget to check out what Dina did with this stamp, which you can see by clicking here!

Thanks for looking. :)

Xoxox,
M.

2 comments:

Make my day--leave me a comment!