Saturday, November 3, 2012

Before & After (&After): Fall glittery swirl


Hello!!!

I think it's okay now if I share with you the manicure I used for my guest post yesterday, (you can see the original post on The Manicured Monkey by clicking here)so here it is:



I'm very excited about doing this guest post for Kristin; I've been admiring her art for quite some time, and getting to know her in Adventures in stamping. Thank you Kristin for this opportunity!

Kristin gave me full choice with respect to what sort of manicure I wanted to do, so I chose a fall manicure to share with you. I started with a base of Jessica Gingersnap, from the new fall collection; it's an incredible glass-fleck finish polish with a range of gold and bronze flecks:


Jessica Gingersnap in indirect light

Jessica Gingersnap in the shade

 Next, I did a gentle gradient of glitter at the tip, to play on the neutral fall base, but add in some more fall colors. I used Hit Polish Autumn Harvest, which has shades of orange, gold, green and brown hex glitter in a clear base:


Jessica Gingersnap vs. Hit Polish Autumn Harvest

Gingersnap + Autumn Harvest


 Finally, to finish the look, I stamped over each nail using the flourish image from Bundle Monster plate BM02 and Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Jumping Jade:








I love how this came out, but for some people, it may be a lot of look! I think two cool variations that would make it a little more subtle would be to put the glitter and the flourish both only on the accent nail, or to put the glitter on all the nails, but the stamped flourish on the accent nail only.

Thanks so much for reading this post, and thanks again to Kristin for giving me the chance to do a guest post for her!

Xoxox,
M.

4 comments:

Make my day--leave me a comment!