Sunday, November 11, 2012

Before & After: Billiards, anyone?

Hello!!

Today's post is another one that does double-duty. For this week's twin post, I have to use the billiard ball from Cheeky 35 in a manicure, and in my Adventures In Stamping group, this week's theme is to do a manicure that the man in your life would do if he was stamping it. These things certainly go together!

I started with a base of Finger Paints Go Van Gogh!. Overall I can't claim to adore the Finger Paints line, although it gets the job done just fine. However, this polish is top-notch. A very pretty Irish green that applies like a wonder and looks smooth as silk on the nail:

Finger Paints Go Van Gogh!

I picked this color because it looks just like the felt of a pool table to me. :) Then, I stamped my billiard balls, and freehanded a pool cue:




I figured, if a man was stamping this, it'd be a little messy, right?

I stamped the balls in Sally Hansen White On first, and filled the circles in. Then I stamped over them in the following colors: Sally Hansen Orange Impulse, Brisk Blue, Cinna-Snap, Jumpin' Jade, and Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris.

I made the pool cue with Finger Paints Sketchy Character, and Sonia Kashuk Fairy Princess.

Don't forget to check out Dina's version of the 8-ball manicure by clicking here. I love the colors she used!!

Thanks for reading!

Xoxox,
M.

20 comments:

  1. I have yet to master laying a stamp on top of a stamp. This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel...I wasn't being super careful on this one, but yeah...not so great, lol!

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute idea! I love theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool polish! I want it(: xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful polish! very very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. where did you ever find the stamp plate for these. I would love to do this to my nails since i play on a pool league? Any help would be great Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are from the Cheeky 2012 summer set. You can find it on Amazon no problem! :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!