Saturday, December 1, 2012

NOTD: Winter Scarf

Hello!

To kick off December, the Sat-ART-day stamping challenge chose 'Winter sweaters or scarves' for today's theme. Where I live in California, it doesn't usually get cold enough to need either heavy winter sweaters or scarves or mittens or caps, so I don't really have anything like that. But I am familiar with the concept (lol), so I thought I'd create a pattern that I'd like to have on my winter scarf, if I had one.

I started with a mystery base polish (I'll be reviewing it later in the week; stay tuned!) which is a very pretty candy apple green.  Then, using plate HD05, I stamped on it with Konad white. I finished off with a coat of China Glaze Fairy dust to give it a little bit of sparkle:

Winter Scarf design

Soft and wintery and cuddly and sparkly. :)

I'm wearing this now and I don't want to take it off. It so soft and pretty! And it took nearly no time at all to make--very simple. The only downside is that the polish underneath it is a subtle flakie, and the glitter makes the flakie hard to see. But if you look closely, you can see it...:)

Thanks for taking a look! Please check the other contributer's manicures out, linked below. :)

Xoxox,
M.

2 comments:

Make my day--leave me a comment!