Wednesday, December 5, 2012

After & After: Snowflakes

Hello!!!

Guess what?? It's time to begin my Winter Challenge!!

After doing two challenges for Halloween, I've decided to keep it to one challenge this time...I'm hoping this will give me more time to include reviews and simpler manicures, since I'm sort of in a simple layering phase with my nail art right now. We'll see how it goes...

Anyway, the point is, I'm in one challenge, and it begins today! Here is the list of the prompts I'll be doing:



As you can see, today's prompt is snowflakes or snowfall, and I've been really into snowflake manicures, so I'm excited about this one.

I started with a base of Sally Hansen Lustre Scarab, which is a really pretty blue duochrome. Over this, I layered Different Dimension Rock, Paper, Scissor, Lizard, Spock (indie alert!), a subtly pretty glitter with white, silver and green glitters:


Different Dimenstion Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock over Sally Hansen Scarab



This already looked like snowfall to me, but it needed something...hmmm, what does it need...hmmm...oh, I know! BLING!!

So I stamped on it using Cheeky XL plate L, and Bundle Monster plate BM14, with Sally Hansen White On and China Glaze Metallic Muse. Then, I threw on a couple of rhinestones:


Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

I really can't stay...


Baby, it's cold outside!!

I'm in love with how this came out. Yes, I know there's a lot happening. I know it. But it's so sparkly and pretty, and snowy. I guess because I don't get snow where am I, I just had to have an hyper-snowflake snow manicure. :)

Thanks for stopping by to take a look--and please check out my fellow Crumpets' manicures, linked below. :)

Xoxox,
M.

18 comments:

  1. I love your mani and the name of that glitter polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like these...so love blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you...it's a really great blue to work with. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. ROFL!! Don't worry, you can say 'crap' on my blog...and thanks! :)

      Delete
  4. These are awesome! I may have to monkey see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! You have great sense of creativity. Love the color combo and the design as well. Perfect holiday season mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that very kind compliment! You made my day. :)

      Delete
  6. Wow i really love your christmas nails. You did sucha great job!
    i'm your new follower anyway, and i'm glad to find your blog hihi
    if you dont mind you can stopping by sometime at my page and if you dont mind, followback maybe? :D


    www.mygnails.co.cc

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty its beyond anything.
    Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As soon as I put that glitter over the blue, I was like: SNOWFLAKES!!! lol. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!