Sunday, December 16, 2012

Before & After: Christmas Skittle mani

Hello!

I love this mani soooo much...I think it may be my favorite of all the Christmas manis I've done. The only thing that annoys me is that I was so excited about the color, I forgot to clean up my cuticles on the swatch. So please forgive me for that!

Anyway, I started with a base of Zoya Elisa, a perfect Christmas shimmery red:

Zoya Elisa

Zoya Elisa...pay no attention to the messy cuticles, lol

I've fallen in love with skittle manis lately, thanks largely to Sammy Nailasaurus whose blog you can find here. Skittle manis are both simple but not simple...it seems simple to thrown on a different design on every nail, but getting a pleasing balance overall can be a challenge. But when it's done right, it's beautiful, so I decided to give it a try:





For the index nail, I used gold laser lace; this was my first time using it, and I learned a bit about what not to do, lol. On the middle finger, I put glequins down in a column, and put rhinestones on top of them; one of them showed up much lighter gold on camera than the others for some reason--argh. On my ring finger, I stamped the poinsettia design from LeaLaC plate LLC-B using China Glaze Passion, and on my pinkie I put a coat of Jindie Nails Just Elfing Around (I'll be reviewing this later in the week).

I loved this so much I actually did both of my hands with the same mani and wore it out to an event. Oh yeah, baby--that's true manicure love.

Thanks for taking a look!

Xoxox,
M.

4 comments:

Make my day--leave me a comment!