Monday, December 31, 2012

NOTD: Happy New Year!!

Hello!

For week 5 of the 'Let It Snow' challenge, the prompt is 'New Year's'. So today I have a New Year's mani, probably the one I'll actually be wearing on New Year's Eve.

From the moment I saw China Glaze's Champagne Bubbles, I loved it because I thought it really did look like champagne with bubbles in it, and I knew I wanted to do a New Year's Eve manicure with it. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do with it, but I knew that polish was going to be champagne somehow.

I decided to turn the nail beds into champagne flutes by putting 'clear' iridescent glequins around the edges, to make the cupped portion of the flute. Then I stamped some extra bubbles on to represent the stream of bubbles that come up from the bottom of the champagne. I stamped this using Pure Ice Silver Mercedes and Magno Nails plate O:

Raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways

All my underdogs

We will never be never be anything but loud

I'm pretty happy with how it came out. You can see the little glitters in the base polish, and they do look like little bubbles. I think if I were to do it again, I'd either place the glequins end-to-end, or do a double layer of them so it looks a bit more like a solid piece of glass. But, it's pretty and it catches the light, especially in person, and has just that pretty bit of New Year's bling. :)

And with that, I bid farewell to 2012...my first year of nail blogging has come to an end, and I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for me. :)

Happy New Year to you and yours! Please check out the other New Year's manis, linked below. :)

Xoxox,
M.
Blogger 1.0 -

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea!
    Happy New Year hun, I hope it brings you lot of joy, fun and good memories. I am so thankful to have met you in 2012, and happy that in 2013 I bring a new friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't have said it better myself. The best thing about starting this blog has been the very nice people it has brought into my life, and you are #1 on that list. It's not everyday you meet someone you genuinely like and enjoy talking anywhere in life, let alone the internet!!

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!