Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Before & After: Ornaments

Hello!

Today's post does double-duty and I love it! First, today's prompt in my CNT Winter Holiday Challenge is 'Christmas decorations/tree/wreath/ornaments/etc.', and I chose Ornaments because in my Llama Nails alphabet challenge, we're on 'O'...so, 'O' is for Ornaments. :)

I started with a base of China Glaze Foxy, which has sat sad and neglected in my untrieds box for quite some time...boy, what a mistake it was to not have tried it before. As a lover of reds, this is one of the prettiest red polishes I've ever seen:



China Glaze Foxy

China Glaze Foxy

To create 'garland' for the ornaments to hang from, I saran-wrapped the tips of the nails with China Glaze Passion, and then put Rainbow Polish Festive Fruitcake glitter over the tips. Finally, I stamped ornaments hanging down on the accent nail using Pure Ice Silver Mercedes (now called Silver Star), and Bunny Nails plate HD07:




Deck the halls with boughs of polish...

Falalalalalalalala...
I'm in love love love love love...the textured tips really remind me of that crazy tinsel-y garland and the glitter just adds pop, I think. :)

Thanks for looking, hope you liked it! Please check out the manicures by my fellow Tart-lettes and Llama-ettes, linked below. :)

Xoxox,
M.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Looking over your latest posts leaves me in Glitter-envy.
      hehe

      Delete
    2. It's true, I've been on a glitter kick lately! Hmmm...I think it's time for you to bust out those Models Own glitter wonders...:)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!