Sunday, December 23, 2012

NOTD: Christmas Filigree

Hello!

Are you excited? Christmas is almost here!

My Christmas is very sedate this year. I'm going through some big changes, and am keeping things simple. But, I'm keeping some of my basics--making chocolate for family and friends, planning a nice Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas morning breakfast. Even with that, I'm still behind and have a lot to catch up on tomorrow.

But you can bet I'll be doing it all with preeeetty nails. :)

Today's manicure is one I just love. A little while back I was walking through my Ulta and saw a display of Layla Ceramic Effects and Softouch Effect beauties. I don't know how it happened, but several of them jumped into my bag when I wasn't looking. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

One of them was  CE53, which, as far as I can tell, is the only name for the polish; it's a beautiful red-based flakie with orange and gold flakes, and I used it as a base for this manicure. On top of it I stamped using Barry M Gold Foil and Cheeky Gals plate GA33 (I'll be reviewing these plates soon). I added a few studs to pull it all together, and here's what I ended up with:


Christmas Filigree

Reminds me of Heat Miser's hair--he's too much!

I love the big, bold flakes in this polish, and I love the filigree image--it kinda reminds me of what the front of Santa's sleigh might look like. Regardless, I think this has style and elegance, with a little bling to make it extra-special. Hope you like it, too.

Back to making chocolate...

Thanks for taking a look!

Xoxox,
M.

5 comments:

  1. How can your Christmas NOT be merry and bright with these beauties at your fingertips! Wish that lovely red would jump into my basket the next time I'm at Ulta, but I haven't seen any of the ceramics at my store. Boo hoo :*( Enjoy your sedate Christmas and I hope all your changes are good ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! The changes are good in the long run, even if they're taking a toll at the moment. But there are a couple of changes that are good right from the start, like the new dog that adopted me. :) And you need to have a serious talk with your Ulta manager, I think, lol... I hope your holidays are happy and bright. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm happy those bottles jumped into your bag, cause this is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Layla #53, it's one of my favorite polishes. The official name is "Killing Red". There is also a violet blue version #52 called "The Butterfly Effect". I love that one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know--I love that name for this! :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!