Wednesday, December 26, 2012

NOTD: Renaissance Christmas

Hello!!

Today's manicure is one I did this past weekend...In my AIS group, this week's theme was to make a manicure inspired by the colors of your Christmas tree.

Well, this year my Christmas tree is a bit sad...I started this year with three very rambunctious kitties, and was adopted by another one in August. He showed up on my back porch literally half-dead (the vet said another hour or so and he wouldn't have made it) and I nursed him back to health; he's about 6 months now. Then, in October, a puppy adopted me--again it showed up needing a home and love, and when I checked with the shelter nobody was looking for her. So, I kept her, and she's about 5 months now, and also very hyper, as puppies will tend to be.

The point is, with that many young animals trying to destroy anything they can get their hands on, this year my tree is only a tree + lights. So I made a manicure based on the green of the tree and the glow of the lights.

I started with a base of Models Own Golden Green:

Models Own Golden Green 

Then I put on a coat of China Glaze Winter Holly, to give it more of the texture and the color variance of pine:


China Glaze Winter Holly over Models Own Golden Green

Finally I stamped over the base using China Glaze Passion and Cheeky plate GA35:

Renaissance Christmas


I love how this came out...it makes me feel like I'm in a European castle enjoying at a Christmas feast. I love how the glitter in Winter Holly looks a bit like lights in a Christmas tree; just a touch of sparkle and light.

With that, I wish you a Happy Boxing Day! Thanks for taking a look. :)

Xoxox,
M.

5 comments:

  1. oh I absolutely love this! :) the stamping is perfect with the polish combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really love the look, I'm definitely going to wear this one again. :)

      Delete
  2. This color looks great on you! wow.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!