Monday, December 17, 2012

MSMD Before & After: Christmas lights

Hello!

A lot of people are doing manicure based on strings of Christmas lights, and I thought I'd do my own...the particular version that inspired me is this one by Demi's nails, as featured on The Crumpet.

I started with a base of Color Club's Kiss Me Mistletoe, which is not only a cool retro shade of green, but is also subtly evergreen scented:



Color Club Kiss Me Mistletoe

Next I stamped a base of Christmas lights to use as a guide, and then free-handed the lights over it:


Why are my pictures loading upside down? Does anyone know?

Christmas lights that aren't sad or tragic at all...>.>

I used Sally Hansen Jumpin' Jade to draw the wire and the base of the lights. I used Pure Ice Siren,  Barry M Gold Foil (you can barely see those) and Sally Hansen Cobalt Blue to draw the lights.

Compared to where I was with my freehand skills when I started blogging, this isn't bad at all. But it's still nothing to write home about...sigh...Ah well, it's festive and that's what matters!

Thanks for looking,

Xoxox,
M.

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I think it turned out wonderfully. I've been wanting to try a Christmas lights mani.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww.... so cute!!! Love the color combos and the Christmas lights design. You are def so creative. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!