Friday, July 6, 2012

NOTD Before & After: China Glaze Tantalize Me (or, Shrinkage: The Prequel)

Hello!!

Today I have a before & after that developed with the help of one of my group challenges; today's challenge was 'summer chevrons'.

I had been wearing China Glaze's Tantalize Me, which is a nostalgic (for me) shimmery lilac sort of polish with a light blue flash that makes me think of my youth:

China Glaze Tantalize Me  in the shade

China Glaze Tantalize Me in the sun
While wearing it, I received some lovely nail mail containing Whimsical Ideas by Pam's Hatched, which I of course wanted to use as soon as possible. Thoughts began swarming through my head...chevrons...pretty lilac...Hatched...it all jumbled and scrumbled around together and came out lookin' like what you see here(*******WARNING! SHRINKAGE BELOW!!!******):






I made chevron French tips with the Hatched, which is a pretty eggshell color with small and medium hex glitter in purples and blues. I accented the chevron line with matching nail tape, and then covered that with two coats of Seche Vite. For the very first time ever, I got horrible shrinkage, which you can see in the pictures above! I am thinking I didn't let the Hatched dry for long enough before adding on the Seche Vite...I'm not sure. I just know that people have always talked about this, and I've always been like 'I don't know what you people are talking about, nothing like this has ever happened to me you must be crazy'. Nope. It's real. It's here. And it will kick your butt so hard you won't be able to sit for a week. Aarrrrgghhhhh..........

Thank you for checking out my post, and please visit the other bloggers that participated in today's challenge, shown below. :)

M.

8 comments:

  1. I have a love hate relationship with Seche. Best way I've found is to whack it on almost immediately after I've finished the last coat of polish and really make sure I've capped the free edge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. It does what it does so well, and nothing else I've found seems to be nearly as good...except for the shrinkage. I'll try that advice next time I do three coats of something...Thanks. :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Vic, I always put it on right after I finish my last coat of color and wrap my tips. It pulls more with dry nail polish and certain brands. I had one that almost gave me a french tip because it pulled so much but only with that polish that week. So weird. BTW gorgeous mani. Love that color and the chevrons are totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I actually got the tape to stay down, too (that was why I used two coats of the Seche). That's crazy with the near-French tip! :(

      Delete
  3. I am in love with this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been lusting after Hatched for a while now and it was just such a perfect match for Tantalize Me. It makes me hungry though, looks like cupcake frosting! :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!