Wednesday, July 25, 2012

NOTD: Under the stars :)

Hello!

Today's challenge in my stamping group is 'A Day At The Zoo'. While I know this is a fun thing meant to have cool animal prints and things, I'm not a big fan of zoos, so it's been a little difficult for me to get behind the theme. So what I thought I'd do is post a challenge manicure I did a while back for the theme 'Under The Stars', which never made it onto my blog. It hasn't made it because I haven't had a chance to put it up, not because I don't want too--I think it's a fun manicure that makes me laugh every time I look at it. Anyway, here is what I came up with:



Under The Stars Manicure--Eeekkkk!!


For the base color, I used Orly's Galaxy Girl (of course, how could I not!). At the top, I put China Glaze's Fairy Dust to look like the stars. On the index finger and middle finger I used Mash 33 and Mash 34 to stamp the planet and the shooting star; on the pinkie finger I used Bundle Monster plate BM14 to stamp the stars. For all of these I used Pure Ice in Silver Mercedes. On my ring finger I painted my little alien guy using Hot Topic Blackheart Beauty polish in Jealous Type, and put his eyes and nostrils on with Wet n Wild's Ebony Hates Chris. 


To make the alien, I cut out an alien-shaped head out of painter's tape, and painted the base color over that. Then I removed the tape and painted the green into the blank space it left behind. :)


So there's my 'Under The Stars' manicure. It's whimsical and fun, and I love it. Hope you do too!


Thanks for looking,


M.

1 comment:

Make my day--leave me a comment!