Monday, July 2, 2012

Rainbow Favorites: Favorite Blues

Hello!!


For today's rainbow favorites post, I'm going to show you my current favorite blue, and one of my all-time favorite blues, 'cause it's always very hard for me to just pick one only as my favorite!


Here is my current favorite blue, Zoya's Zuza (which is not only pretty, but very fun to say):

Zoya Zuza shade

Zoya Zuza Sun

Zuza is a beautiful turquoise blue shade with silver glass flecks in it. It looks like a gorgeous piece of jewelry where they managed to set the silver inside of the turquoise instead of the other way around! I don't know how they do it, but Zoya is truly the master of unique polishes of this type. With other polishes, often it looks pretty in the bottle and when you put it on it doesn't look as good--Zoya seems to be the opposite. It looks pretty in the bottle and looks way prettier once you put it on the nail. I've never been disappointed by a Zoya. :) Oh, and I should mention? I don't like turquoise all that much. But this still is a current favorite. 


One of my very all-time favorites, a gem of my collection, is Barielle's Blackened Bleu:
Barielle Blackened Bleu in the shade


Barielle Blackened Bleu in the sun

Blackened Bleu is just that...a blackened blue. It's a deep, rich blue that goes to black wherever the angles hit it. It's another glass-flecked finish (hmm...I think maybe I have a thing for these, what do you think?), which gives it amazing depth and texture. It goes almost black in darker lights, but for the most part keeps true to the blue. :)

So what blues do you like? I'm always in the market for more...:)

Thanks for stopping by, and please check out the other bloggers in the challenge, below. :)

M.





3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for catching that. I mean, I'm even HOLDING the bottle that says 'Barielle' right on it. /facedesk. I put it down to my crazy two weeks and lack of sleep. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe I did that. It IS a Barielle. *runs to edit post*

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!