Sunday, July 8, 2012

Review: QA series 15, 21, 22, 26, 30

Hello!!

Today I have a fast review for you of five plates from the QA series. I took pictures of them with the protective blue film on in order to minimize the glare; if you'd like me to post pictures of them naked (eeek!) just let me know. Here are the 5 I chose; it seems like most people who sell them (on eBay, where I got mine) let you buy them individually or choose sets of 5 or 10 for cheaper prices:


QA15: Kitties FTW!

QA21

QA22

QA26

QA30
The series has a lot of unique images unlike any I've seen anywhere else; the most obvious case of that is QA30, with the military-esque bars and the sign-symbols. This is what drew me to these plates, but I was afraid that the quality was not good.

So far I've tried three of these plates myself, and have seen a member of one of my stamping groups use the two others. In my case I've used QA26, QA30, and QA15 (you can see two of these plates used in the manicure I posted just before this one). While the plates are not the most detailed--they don't have the finely etched images of Konads, for example--they are well-made, and stamp without a fuss. I had some user error, but nothing that was the fault of the plates, and that was with a range of different quality stamping polishes. The other two also seemed to work very well on my group-mates manicure; she created an amazing Asian-themed manicure using them. Mine were not sharp, so I didn't have any difficulty in that respect. These are not top-of-the-line, but they get the job done.

My conclusion is that if you find images among the QA series that you like, I'd say these are worth getting in the group deals; if you can't find enough you like, you might want to skip them. You should be able to find them for around $2 each on eBay.

And if anyone can tell me what the image is on the bottom right of QA30, I'd be eternally grateful. :)

Thanks for taking a look!

M.

(these products were provided to me; however, this does not impact my opinions, which are honest and my own.)

1 comment:

  1. The bottom right of QA30 is a street sign that says "slow" in Chinese!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!