Saturday, July 7, 2012

My June Favorites :)

Hello!!!

So here are my favorites for the month of June. I tried a few new techniques and found some really cool polishes, so it was hard to narrow things down. These are the ones that grab me the most when I look over the posts:

1) Day at the beach manicure:



This one's my favorite because I put so much love into creating a scene that reflects how much I adore the beach. I love walking in the sand and finding seashells, watching for signs of ocean-life out in the water (most often sea otters and sea lions), and the soothing crash of the waves. This managed to capture it all for me. You can see the original post by clicking here.


2) Mermaid nails: 



I discovered a love of playing with glitter in layers while doing this manicure. Sure, glitter is pretty on its own. But when you play with it and layer it, it's so much more. Even though my first attempt at this took a little tweaking, I had so much fun doing it and now see glitter polishes in a new way. You can see the original post by clicking here.


3) Nubar Indigo Illusion + Spoiled Jewelry Heist:


I have several beautiful duochrome polishes that I discovered this month, but this one makes it as the representative of them all not just because it's beautiful itself, but because of how beautifully it went with this glitter. This was another aspect of glitter I learned about, how subtle pairings can be stunning. You can see the original post by clicking here.

4) Nouveau Vintage:


This post made the list both because I fell in love with this polish, but also because I really liked this manicure. I'm still not great with my free-hand, getting better slowly, but when combined with a stamp like this, it really worked for what I was trying to do. And that's a step in the right direction. You can see the original post by clicking here.

5) Stamped glitter manicure:



Last but surely not least is this manicure I did for a challenge that involved stamping and glitter. I didn't know WHAT to expect, and I sort of just played and played. That can be so much fun--just sitting and playing--but sometimes your end results are better than others! This time, however, I was unexpectedly pleased with the results. I really like the color combination, and I found yet another way I like using glitter--as a crackle. I guess, now that I'm thinking about it, this month has really been about discovering glitter for me. :)

Thank you so much for reading this, and being a part of my blog. And if you have a moment, I'd love to hear what, if anything, you saw that you liked best this past month. :)

M.




2 comments:

  1. Nouveau Vintage is by far my fave. It is just so elegant! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. That color is so stunning, it just transports me in time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!