Thursday, July 19, 2012

NOTD Before & After: Once In A Blue Moon

Hello!!

Today I am excited to showcase my third franken as the centerpiece of my NOTD. After the success I had creating my own holo topcoat and my first franken holo, I decided to try again. I took a bottle of Wet n Wild's Blue Moon and tossed in some Spectraflair, and got results better than I dared to expect. Since I got results I love after my very first addition of the Spectraflair (after putting it in only once), I've decided to name it 'Once In A Blue Moon'. (Get it, 'cause I only had to put Spectraflair in once! hahahahaha...Okay, it's not that clever but you have to admit it's kinda cute. :) ).

Franken holo goodness...



MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In the shade

I wore this for a day just staring at it. In the sunlight, it's spectacular. In the shade, it looks like blueberry jelly bellies, one of my most favoritest flavors. So I stared and stared and stared. And finally, I worked up the courage to stamp:


I used Color Club's Worth The Risque, one of my favorite holos to stamp with, and Drk plate-A. I isolated one strip of the scroll instead of stamping full nail so that part of the color would remain.

I can't really take much credit for the creation--all I did was look at the bottle of polish and say 'yeah, this might look good with some Spectraflair'. It's not like I slaved and stirred to get it just right. But still. I love it, and I love it just a little more because I made it, sort of, myself. :)

Happy polishing,

M.

10 comments:

  1. Its so pretty! Oh my gosh, I would so buy this shade if I could. My love for blues, and its a holo as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was soooo easy to make. I'll happily share my secret if you want me to. :)

      Delete
    2. Okay, so if you watch the soguesswhat11 video about making your own holo topcoats, she shows you what a straw scoop looks like (amount-wise). I used one and a half of those. So all you have to do it get that polish (Wet n Wild Blue Moon) at any drugstore, and put in that much spectraflair, a few balls, shake it up, and you're done! :)

      Delete
  2. Not only the franken is to die for, but the stamp is also so neat! Attagirl! =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was super stunned at how well it came out. :)

      Delete
  3. I am jealous of your franken want a dark blue holo for sooooo long. It is sooo pretty. (can't wait to get my spectraflair hope it arrives soon) Love the stamping on it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I can't wait to see what you do with your spectraflair...:)

      Delete
  4. Catching up on posts so I doubt you'll see this comment, but I LOVE this polish! It's gorgeous. I've been throwing around the idea of buying some spectraflair because I want to turn everything into a holo! And the name = priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I moderate them, so I see them all! Thank you so much. You'll gonna have a blast if you get some to play with. And thanks, I was kinda proud of the name, hee hee. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!