Tuesday, July 10, 2012

NOTD: China Glaze Surfin' For Boys + Drikk Plate Drk-A (or, Beach Towel Bingo)

Hello!

Today's manicure started out with one of my picks from the China Glaze Summer Neons collection, Surfin' For Boys. This is a pretty orange that is very summery, very glowy, and very happy:

China Glaze Surfin' For Boys in the shade



China Glaze Surfin; For Boys in the sun
After wearing this for a day, it was time to decorate it, and I decided it was the perfect base color for a challenge I had coming up, 'Beach Towels'. To my mind, beach towels are always bright, happy and fun, with bold shape and color combinations. So, here is what I did to it:







I stamped over the base color with Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Lightning using Drikk plate Drk-A, then put dots of Lickety-Split Lime and Brisk Blue in the center of the flowers. This was nice, but it felt like it needed something more to me...so I put one purple hex sequin in the center of a big flower on each nail. Now it looks like something I'd be happy to lay on out in the sun and sand. :)

Thanks for checking it out! Please also check out the other beach-towel manicures linked below. :)

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day--leave me a comment!