Monday, July 9, 2012

TOTD: Pedicure challenge!

Hello!

Today's challenge in my summer challenge group was to bust out them busted feets and do a pedicure! So I decided to take the opportunity to try out one of my new glitters, Paradise Cove from Lush Lacquer.

Here is the base I started with, Zoya's Charla:

Zoya's Charla 
 I started with one coat of Charla, to have a nice green-blue base. Then I added on some of the glitter, seen in the bottle here:




I got this glitter because I love the color, and because it seemed so aptly named. When I think 'Paradise Cove' I think of a beautiful secluded beach where two honeymooners can play on the sand, go snorkling in clear waters, and kiss under a golden sun. And maybe I just see too much into things (ya think?) but that's exactly what these colors and shapes look like to me when on--like beautiful sand and water seen while snorkeling:



Here I have one coat of Paradise Cove over Charla...



And here I have two coats, in a close up so you can see how beautiful the glitter is. I love the colors Lush Lacquer chose here...the golds and brown and blue and a hint of green. Also, I like the proportions of the different shapes--just enough of the hexes and bars to give it a nice feel, I think. :) It's easy to wonder 'what's so hard about making glitter polishes?!', but this shows why it's not easy, I think.

So there is my pedicure for today! Thanks for stopping by, and please check out the other pedis linked below. :)

M.



4 comments:

Make my day--leave me a comment!