Friday, July 13, 2012

NOTD Before & After: Models Own Tropical Sun (Or, She Stamps Seashells By The Seashore)

Hello!!!

Today I have a stunning polish to show you. I recently managed to get my hands on Tropical Sun by Models Own, an amazing duochrome polish that goes through shades of gold, orange, and peach. But that's not all--oh no. To top it off, Tropical sun has a little sprinkle of micro-glitter throughout it to just add an extra touch of texture and special. See for yourself: 


Tropical Sun in the shade

Look at that duochrome and that glitter...sigh...

Tropical Sun in the sun

This is three coats (two does not cover well enough, and the duochrome doesn't come through enough), with topcoat. I wore this alone for almost two days, and when it came time to do my next challenge manicure, I decided to use it as a base. The challenge theme was 'Seashells', and I think this is a lovely seashell sort of color. So I did a little tweaking and a little stamping, and here's what I came up with:

Seashells manicure

Seashells manicure up close


Attempt to show you the glitter on the seashells

The first thing I did was add a coat of Pure Ice's Oh Baby!, which is a nearly translucent polish with shimmering white-blue flakes in it, to give the base color just a little more of that opalescence that seashells have, and to lighten it a bit. Then, using Shany plate SH-04, I stamped some seashells in Sally Hansen White On. Using a dotting tool, I put some China Glaze Fairy Dust over the spirals of the seashell, so they would glimmer and gleam in the sunlight. I couldn't capture this too well in pictures, but you can see a bit of the effect on the ring finger in the last picture above if you look very, very closely, lol.

I love this as a beach look, or even just an everyday look. Hope you do too! :)

Thanks for reading, and please check out the other seashell manis linked below. :)

M.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I forgot to say, it's with three coats (will edit it). With just the first two coats you don't get full coverage and the duochrome doesn't come through yet. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!