Tuesday, July 31, 2012

NOTD: Olympic Medals

Hello!

Today's challenge in PFC's Summer Challenge is 'Olympic Medals'. I missed the Olympic Rings theme, so I wanted to make sure I did this one, and I'm coming in just under the wire. :)

Here's what I did:



It's probably fairly self-explanatory, but what I did was try to make my index finger look like the ribbon that the medals hand on, then the middle finger was the gold medal (in boxing), the ring finger the silver medal (in gymnastics, doing a floor routine), and the pinkie is the bronze medal (whichever martial art you like).

For the base colors (left to right), I used Color Club Fashion Addict, Revlon Gold Coin, Pure Ice Silver Mercedes, and Revlon Copper Penny. I painted the ribbons using a-England Avalon (which is AMAZING, btw), and stamped the figures with Color Club Revvvolution in the hopes it would look metallic-y. It did, in the sun, but the other metallics were so shiny I couldn't get a good shot, lol. I used  Red Angel plate RA-113 and plate QA22 for the stamping

So there is my interpretation of olympic medals...Hope you like them.

Also, after midnight tonight, I will be choosing the winner of my 100 follower challenge--stay tuned!

Thanks for looking, and please check out the other ladies in the challenge, linked below via thumbnails. :)

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day--leave me a comment!